Click here for Workshops
Note: Please visit our Workshops page for upcoming workshops and educational opportunities, our News page for opportunities for RIRLA members, and our Processing Scheduling Service page for upcoming processing dates.
Monday, April 10, 2017
RIRLA Annual Meeting
Coventry-West Greenwich Elks Lodge
42 Nooseneck Road (Rt. 3)
West Greenwich, RI
Trade Show begins @ 5:30
Business Meeting @ 6:00
For more info: Click Here
Saturday, April 8, 2017
2017 SRI 4-H Fair Auction
Washington County Fairgrounds
Auction starts at Noon (12:00 p.m.) Animals and farm implements will be logged in starting at 9:00 a.m.
This Auction supports the SRI 4-H Fair Scholarship Program.
Questions? Contact Ron Pierce at 401-369-0125.
Friday-Saturday, April 28-29, 2017
New England Meat Conference
The Radisson Manchester Downtown
Join fellow farmers, processors, butchers, value-added
producers and chefs at this year's New England Meat Conference. 2017 marks our third conference in what will be the
industry event of the year for our region. Check out who among your peers will be sharing their work in sustainable and local meat production.
Together we'll explore how we continue growing the New England meat economies, continue developing robust
infrastructure and foster business relationships. With over 25 educational sessions, hands-on workshops, and the
illustrious Meat Ball, together we will have many opportunities to learn from and network amongst local and national leaders.
Full pricing information and the full schedule can be found at: www.newenglandmeatconference.com/conference.
Groups of 3 or more are eligible for a 25% discount off ticket prices. Please contact Erin Allgood at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive this discount.
Sample of Topics:
- Poultry Production & Processing
- HACCP Symposium: Planning for potential problems
- Selling Your Story Through the Web: Social Media and Beyond
- Producing Your Own Value-Added Product
- Whole Animal Purchasing for Institutions: The Hotchkiss School
- Overview of Lean Principles
- Emerging Markets in the Northeast: Challenges and Opportunities
- Pricing for processors: How to choose the best environment for your needs
- Marketing to Large Scale Businesses
- Inventory Management from Pasture to Package
- Pork: Balancing rations with alternative feeds
- Growing the Business to Business Collaboration with the Michigan Meat Network
- A Question of Scale: Getting to Profitability When Raising Sheep
Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 7 p.m.
RIRLA Monthly Meeting
274 Victory Highway (Rte 102)
West Greenwich, RI
SVF Foundation Annual Visitors Day
June 10, 2017 — 9:00am to 3:00pm
152 Harrison Avenue
Newport, RI 02840
Learn more about the Smithsonian & SVF Biodiversity Preservation Project. Peak into our facilities and meet our
laboratory, veterinary and animal husbandry staff. Attend live cryogenics and sheep shearing demonstrations. Enjoy Julian's Omnibus food truck serving local heritage breed burgers and
munchies! This event is free to the public. Parking will be available at Fort Adams State Park and free trolley transportation will be provided from 9am to 3pm. No parking available at SVF.